Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Bilingual, Full-Time
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Bilingual
Since 1986, Sinclair Health Clinic has been providing quality health care services to medically underserved members of our community with the compassion and dignity they deserve. Medical Assistants are integral members of the Sinclair Health Clinic team. They work side-by-side our volunteers and nurse practitioners to ensure patients have the best care and experience possible.
- Room patients and collect vitals, including weight, blood pressure, and pulse o2 levels. Ensure quality metrics are satisfied and that medications have been reconciled.
- Perform diagnostic tests, including urinalyses, EKGs, and diabetic retinopathy screenings using cutting edge equipment (we’ll train you on that)
- Assist with gynecologic exams and prepare specimens such as KOH wet prep, pap smear, and GC + CT culture to be sent to the lab
- Set up and instruct patient to complete a nebulizer treatment
- Immunize patients
- Assist providers with their inboxes and anything else they should need
- Complete tasks in your inbox and call patients accordingly
- Conduct other medical assessments as requested
- Answer patient questions in a clear, concise way
- Cover for the medical receptionist as needed
- Participate in quality improvement projects
- Speak up when you see a way we can do things better
- Stock exam rooms
- Manage patient referrals
- Over half of our patients speak Spanish only, so being able to speak both English and Spanish fluently is a must.
- Hold an active Medical Assistant certification
- Great personality and team-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail
Pay and Benefits
$13.50 – $15.00 per hour
Benefits: retirement matching, dental insurance, employee assistance program, flexible spending account, health insurance, life insurance, 18 days of paid time off per year in addition to paid holidays, professional development assistance, subsidized garage parking, vision insurance, short and long term disability insurance